Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Bouncing Back

I've been looking back at past blog entries and realized that I sort of have the "peak" and "valley" affect when it comes to my blog entries.  One is happy, the next...not so much!  I assure you, I have a pretty great life overall so I don't mean to be such a Debbie Downer at times.  I'm just my own worst critic, I guess, so sometimes I tend to be a little hard on myself.  Onward and upward...

Anyway, I cannot believe how quickly this year has gone by!  I mean, it's nearly September already!!  September was a rough month for me last year and to say I went through a wave of emotions last September would be putting it mildly.  It's been nearly a year to the day since Bobby and I separated so I can't help but notice that.  It's also been 9 months since I moved back to my home state of California which I'm still so happy about.  After moving around the country for the past 8 years, I'm finally home again.  I've gotten the chance to visit family and friends which is really so nice.  I used to long for the days of being able to take a quick drive to see them and used to dread arranging plane tickets and coordinating time off work just to do that but now I don't have to sweat it.  I'm so thankful!

Work is going well.  I'm still classified as a Per Diem employee which is basically a fancy word for Part Time but as luck would have it, I've been able to pick up extra shifts so technically I've been working Full Time hours.  Even better is the possibility of going to Full Time here soon pending a coworker's resignation from her position to move to Santa Barbara with her boyfriend.  I'm already next in line for her spot since my boss has already asked me if I want it.  Do I want it?  Ha!  Does a bear sh*t in the woods?  Of course I want it!  I'm also loving the idea that their health insurance is through Blue Cross so it's awesome insurance but best of all, it's free for employees and dependants!  Yet another expense spared so that's a double bonus.

In other news, I have arranged for a photo shoot with an E-friend of mine, Amy, who is an excellent photographer!  She lives not too far from me and we have arranged for a photo shoot on September 4th.  I'm beyond thrilled to meet her in person and feel so priviledged to have her as my photographer.  I scored a dress today for the shoot which I think will work well.  It's been so long since I've had professional pictures done so this is loooong overdue!  It's time I do something for me, ya know?  Plus, I've been working semi hard at losing weight over the past year and a half and now I feel like showing it off a bit.  27 pounds and still losing.  Not to shabby, eh?  I feel GREAT!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Good for you!!! I so hope you get that girls job. :) Can't wait to see the photos Amy takes!