Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Updates On Me + 30 Pictures!


Hello, friends!


I'm so relieved to finally have a few moments to properly update my blog and do the "30 pictures" that I saw on my friend Melodie's blog a few months ago.


Anyway, as of last week, I'm officially finished with classes towards my Master's Degree!  I haven't received my final grade for the class yet but according to my calculations, I have an "A" which subsequently estimates my overall final GPA at roughly 3.90.  A 3.90!  I didn't graduate high school with a GPA even close to that and sadly, my undergraduate GPA was not quite a 3.0 (thanks to an "active" social life in my early 20's, lol) so I'm beyond pleased with how my efforts and hard studies have paid off this time.  Now, all I have left is the Oral Comprehensive Exam on August 11th (the day after my 33rd birthday, ugh) which will be conducted via webcam so I'm spared the cost of flying out to the campus in Arkansas to take it in person.  Assuming I pass that, I'll be officially a Graduate School Graduate!  haha.


Ok, so on to the fun part which is this picture thing I've been wanting to do.  I figure my blog could use some "spice" with pictures and well, it's just plain fun to do this kind of thing.  Plus, it gives you, my fellow blog follower, some sort of additional glimpse into my life, interests, what makes me "tick", etc.  So...enjoy! :)

Pic 01 - A picture of yourself with ten facts:

1.  I despise cold weather
2.  I served 4 years in the US Air Force
3.  I have an A.A.S. in Electrical Systems, a B.A. in Communications and a M.S. in Operations Management
4.  I'm terrified of heights yet I've gone skydiving once!
5.  Ignorant people annoy the crap out of me
6.  I'd love to start an animal rescue sanctuary some day
7.  I'm much more of a giver than a receiver
8.  I WILL write a book and have it published someday
9.  I don't take anything for granted.  Ever.
10.  I believe true friends are hard to come by and when you find them, hold on to them for dear life!

Pic 02 - A Picture Of You and The Person You Have Been Close With For a While


Pic 03 - A Picture Of The Cast From Your Favorite Show


Pic 04 - A Picture of A Habit You Wish You Didn't Have


Pic 05 - A Picture of Your Favorite Memory

(Old school 6th and 7th grade memories!  I'm the one w/ the blue "fanny pack" in the top pic and the bottom one I'm wearing the hat looking disgusted at my mom taking first day of school pics, haha!)

Pic 06 - A Picture of A Person You'd Love To Trade Places With For a Day

(Jodi Picoult.  I'd love to be a famous writer for a day and I love her books)

Pic 07 - A Picture Of Your Most Treasured Item
(This is the award I received for Maintenance Professional of the Year in 2006.  My proudest moment in the Air Force.  The banquet was held at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and that night lives on in my mind forever.  Oh, that's an old picture of me in the background ;)

Pic 08 - A Picture That Makes You Laugh


Pic 09 - A Picture of The Person Who Has Gotten You Through The Most

(My Mom <3 )

Pic 10 - A Picture With The Person Whom You Do The Most Messed Up Things With
(This group about covers the criteria for "messed up" things.  Co-workers.  Go figure, lol)

Pic 11 - A Picture of Something You Hate
(Government spending and the overall current economy.  Nauseating.)

Pic 12 - A Picture of Something You Love
(Havaianas flip flops.  If I could wear them all year long (and to work), I would!)

Pic 13 - A Picture of Your Favorite Band Or Artist

(I like the "older" alternative bands.  Today's music just isn't the same!)

Pic 14 - A Picture of Someone You Could Never Imagine Your Life Without


                                    
(My Mom <3)

Pic 15 - A Picture Of Something You Want To Do Before You Die

(write and publish a book!!)

Pic 16 - A Picture Of Someone Who Inspires You


 Pic 17 - A Picture of Your Biggest Insecurity


(Regardless of how much weight I lose, it's still there!  The dreaded cellulite :/ )

Pic 18 - A Picture of You When You Were Little

(this was about age 5-ish, I think?)

Pic 19 - A Picture of Somewhere You'd Love To Travel


 (Bali, Indonesia.  It's beautiful there and I'd love to experience the culture)

Pic 20 - A Picture of Something You Wish You Could Forget


(This test and others like it.  And the pain caused by infertility)

Pic 21 - A Picture of Something You Wish You Were Better At


(drawing and painting - I'd love to have the "eye" for this kind of stuff!)

Pic 22 - A Picture of Your Favorite Book


Pic 23 - A Picture of Something You Wish You Could Change


(To have my baby girl Tiki back in my life *sigh*)

Pic 24 - A Picture Of Your Day


(Sunny, clear, high of 104 degrees today!)

Pic 25 - A Picture Of Something That Means A Lot To You

(This photo represents numerous things in my life and the things that have led up to my life now.  I think I explained this photo better in a previous blog entry and why it is the photo for my blog background)

Pic 26 - A Picture of Yourself and A Family Member


(My brother, my neice and I)

Pic 27 - A Picture of Something You're Afraid Of



(Heights!  Even watching something on TV involving heights makes my hands clammy!)

Pic 28 - A Picture That Can Always Make You Smile


(my life for 4 great years!)

Pic 29 - A Picture of Your Favorite Thing To Do During Summer


(Sip a nice cold beer on the beach!  By the way, my hair was WAY short in this pic)

Pic 30 - A Picture of Someone You Miss



(My daddy who has been gone for over 25 years.  RIP daddy.  I miss you  <3)


Well, that's it friends!  Whew, that took forever to complete and I certainly admire my fellow bloggers who can keep their blogs updated much more often than myself.  Hope you enjoyed my pics and now I'm off to catch up on you!


 




No comments: