Monday, May 16, 2011

Latest Random Updates

Where does the time go?  Sheesh.  I'm sitting here thinking how I had so much to update my blog with but as I type, it's really nothing too noteworthy after all!  haha.  Actually, I just finished a class and have a short week-long break before my next and final class starts up May 24th.  I'm sooo freaking excited to get on with it and finish strong after this 2.5 year on/off journey to finish up my third and effing LAST degree! ha!

I know after that's over, I won't be 'out of the woods' yet since I have to complete my oral comprehensive exam in late July sometime.  However, the nice part about that is school will be completely cleared from my plate by the time my birthday rolls around in August~woot! 

In other related news, work is well and I'm still gainfully employed.  My vehicle will be paid off in July and I almost have my one and only credit card down to zero balance so the prospect of being debt free in just a few months is exciting to say the least!  I'll begin looking around at condominiums and houses soon after that with the goal to purchase by early 2012. 

As far as the dating scene goes, I have gone out a few times with the guy from my mom's work.  His name is Charles and I have to say it is refreshing to go out with someone so stable and on the same page as me in terms of goals and aspirations.  Truthfully, I'm not actually wanting to be in a relationship but if the cookie crumbles that way with the right person, I'm definitely not opposed to it either.  I'd like to be at 100% mind, body and spirit before I offer that piece of me to someone else.  It's only fair to both parties involved.  BUT, I digress.  At the moment, I'm just taking it for what it's worth.  It's nice to have a man around to go catch a movie with (or drinks or dinner etc) and he gets my personality which isn't always easy to do! haha.

I guess that's about it for now.  Just working away and keeping life balanced.  That's about all anyone does, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo for almost being completely debt free! I'm sure you are SO ready to be done with school, that will be a lot off your shoulders. Happy to see an update <3