Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Dating

It's a recurring topic amongst those I know and lately I've been fielding the question of "so, who are you dating?" a lot lately.  The truth is, I've been on a few dates, none very recently, but there's just no one I'm particularly interested in at the moment.  Perhaps that's due to a crazy upcoming work schedule in addition to me being neck deep (on a good day) in school work which will ultimately lead me to a Master's Degree with just one class left..woot!

I don't know.  Maybe my head just isn't in the game and maybe there's a little sliver of me just isn't ready to truly set upon the dating path.  I'm thinking it's more the first part of that hypothesis.

Anyway, so my mom (of all people) has taken it upon herself to fix me up with one of her co-workers.  I had my reservations intitially, but since have let my guard down and decided to let good ole' mom play matchmaker.  Admittedly, I'm fairly excited about it.  He has all of his 'ducks in a row' which is a plus. Ya know, financially and mentally stable, owns a home, educated, sense of humor, tall, and best of all...single.  Well, this is all according to mom who is typically a trustworthy source.  The truth is, I haven't actually spoken to him outside of the speakerphone conversation that my mom conducted with me while he was in her office...(yeah, awkward!).  She has relayed me the proverbial phone number so I guess I know what to do now...

As usual, I will report back my findings once the phone conversation(s)/date(s) are under way.  For the time being, I'm in good spirits and the fact that my own mother is also my matchmaker, is entertaining to say the least!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Sounds promising. If nothing else, at least you may have a few fun nights out! Definitely keep us posted. :) I'm just glad you are happy.