Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Breaks

Wow oh wow has time passed. Here I thought I was keeping up and maintaining and what do you know, it's been nearly a month since my first post!

Think I can safely sum up the last few months with one word; Hectic. But, what else is new? That's been my life for the past 32 years and well, I'm still wondering where my "break" is. Does such a thing even exist? Despite all of my life accomplishments, I still continue to feel as though I'm in a perpetual state of sitting idly by at the start line. I guess that's what you get when you feel like you've worked so hard at "starting over" that you take a look back and realized you have yet to pass the starting line. Make sense? Probably not, ha! For now, I'll chalk it up to the quicksand effect that has taken a hold over my life lately. It seems, no matter how hard I try to get out of it, it just sucks me in and drains me physically, mentally and emotionally.

I guess it's all relative to what you perceive as moving forward. I mean, I'm knee deep in class right now with a midterm this weekend (already!) and the job outlook is slowwwly looking a little more promising. I interviewed yesterday with a local hospital here. The job itself is fabulous and the pay leaves me absolutely salivating beyond all realistic belief. Progress? Yes, especially since they called me back today for a second interview on Friday! Imagine that, someone is interested in what I have to offer. What a novel idea and such a drastically different feeling than I have experienced in recent months. I'll be patient like always and of course update on the outcome as soon as I know...

Maybe a break is in store for me. Of course, I never hold my breath for such a thing since I've never, ever had any such luck on my side but I take each day for what it's worth and count my blessings that seem so far and in between. I guess my one true saving grace is that I've always found the little things in life to make me happy. I'll continue to live by that grace, as sometimes that's all I have.

Thanks for reading, dear friends.

1 comment:

Melodie Peachey said...

Miss you! Glad to catch up on you. I can't wait to hear about the job!! :fingerscrossed: I really want this for you!! <3