Thursday, February 2, 2012

Hello Again!

Yikes, I haven't been around here to update my blog in what seems like ages!  I've had a lot going on lately and don't really know where to start...

Work is work and it consumes me.  I have been working the two jobs for the past few months now and when I think about it, it feel like the two have split into four.  I'm covering for a co-worker who went out on maternity leave a bit sooner than expected.  So, that put me into a whirlwind earlier than expected and I basically do the work of two people now.  She's expecting a baby boy on February 18th, but it sounds like he'll be coming sooner!  So happy for her :)

As for my other job, I'm still working 12-hour night shifts on weekends at the hospital.  I've been working nearly every Friday OR Saturday night for the past couple of months now since one of my co-workers there has been out on leave after foot surgery.  So, needless to say, I'm beat.  Averaging 52 hour work-weeks leaves virtually no room for a social life but hey, it's money!  I'm still stashing away for a house, which I hope to start actively looking at them later this year. 

In other news, last night I met up with an "Internet friend" who I never actually met in real life before last night.  So, we orchestrated a "date" at the Hog's Breath Inn here where I live.  Liz was gracious enough to drive out to me so that was fantastic.  She's such a sweet girl and I'm so very lucky to have had the opportunity to meet her.  Even more fantastic is the fact that her and her husband are in the process of adoption.  I wish them all the best and pray that they have a precious bundle very soon.  They deserve it so much!  Here's a picture of us at dinner.



Liz and I actually met on a website which subsequently became a group of infertiles who all struggled to have children.  I was in that boat once...well, the struggling to have a baby part anyway.  I'm obviously not actively trying anymore but sadly, I'll always be an infertile.  Just an unfortunate part of our lives but I really must say that some great friendships have evolved from that website.  For that, I'm truly greatful.

In related news, it seems I had an actual menstrual cycle recently.  Complete with ovulation and all.  Not such big news for someone without a fertility problem, but for me, it was a small victory.  I also received the results of my lab work from the Naturopath doctor I've been seeing.  As it turns out, my thyroid is fine but my cortisol levels are relatively low.  That would explain the lack of energy I was experiencing.  Also, my testosterone levels are extremely high.  That's pretty common with PCOS, however, I didn't expect a level well over 100 when the upper limit of normal is 55.  BUT, I am continuing on with the supplement and vitamin routine that the Naturopath carved out for me.  It might be the reason for me actually cycling on my own last month.  Not to mention, I feel better and have lots more energy, despite my always hectic schedule.

So, lots of progress here.  Even baby steps get you to the finish line and I'm always fine with baby steps.  Until next time, bloggers!

1 comment:

erin said...

Still super jealous you two beautiful ladies got to meet!

I hope the supplements and vitamins that the doc has you on will continue to help.

<3 you