Sunday, December 11, 2011

Last sign-off before Christmas!!

It's been a productive Sunday of Christmas shopping, gift wrapping, laundry, housework and errand-running and all morning I told myself "don't forget to take 5 and update the blog!" but now that I've fired up the laptop and sat down to do it, I realize there's not much to update with!  So, this is the proverbial "randoms happs" blog entry which is just a compilation of the thoughts that compose of my crazy life lately.

A couple of weeks ago, my mom and I discovered that her dog, Angel, has 2 types of malignant cancer.  Needless to say, the news was (is) devastating since Angel (like most pets) is part of the family and has been my mom's greatest companion for the past 12 years.  Well, the prognosis is not good.  She stopped eating dog food and now eats a diet consisting of straight up people food which she may or may not even eat.  Heck, she eats better than I do on the average day but you know what, we'll do whatever it takes to prolong her life past the "few weeks" the vet suggested.  She's worth every struggle.

As if that news wasn't enough of a blow, the family cat also decided that her 18 years on this planet was all her little frail body could handle.  She was put down this past Friday and of course, wrecked my week and my mom's as well.  That cat saw me through high school (many moons ago), college, and many other pivotal points in my life.  She was always the first one to come to me whenever I came home.  R.I.P. sweet girl...

On a lighter note (hopefully), I'm still waiting on the results of the hormone testing that the Naturopath had me do.  I'm not quite sure what to expect.  At this point, I think I'm basically looking for something to be blantantly wrong.  You know, that "a-ha" moment when you pinpoint something that has been the cause for all your issues.  I could only be so lucky that one simple saliva test could reveal the foundation for my hormonal issues that I have endured my entire adult life, but one can hope, right?

In the meantime, I am still adhering to the vitamin and supplement regimen that the Naturopath put me on.  I've even added wheat grass into my daily routine.  One scoop of powder mixed with juice daily.  It's fairly nasty tasting but it's beneficial to my overall health so I'll choke it down.

Work is going well.  I'm averaging about 52 hours a week between 2 jobs but the trade-off for my lack of sleep and social life is a nice couple of paychecks to look forward to weekly.  I will be working Christmas day at the hospital so the family and I will celebrate Christmas on the Eve.  I'll see how I feel after the first of the year.  It's already starting to burn me out but that down payment on a house isn't going to find its way into my checking account on its own so it's up to me to make it happen.

I guess that's about it for the random happs around here lately.  Nothing too exciting but its an update nonetheless.  Then again, nothing is ever too exciting around here these days since I mostly just feel like a working slave to society...but at least I haven't lost my sense of humor!

Have a fabulous Christmas, friends! xoxo

1 comment:

erin said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat and the sad prognosis on Angel :(

I hope you get some answers soon..I am proud of you for keeping up with the vitamins and nasty powder in your drink.

Don't work yourself ragged...take time for a drink every now and then <3

Merry Christmas love